Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has been making her signature spiced mocha.
She brings it out in the early autumn and it lasts us through the holiday season and beyond.
This spiced mocha has been by my side through pumpkin-carvings, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade-watchings, snowy days, Christmas mornings, and more. As an adult, I’ve learned that spiking it with a bit of Irish cream adds some extra warmth (if ya know what I mean 😉), and it’s become a staple in our household. This is one of those recipes that will be passed on through the generations. My sister makes it for her family, and come November – when I get married – I’ll be making it for mine!
Once you’ve poured yourself a mug, you won’t be able to resist enjoying this mocha recipe for years to come. Thanks to my mom – fondly known as “Mama Donna” – I’m able to share this delicious beverage with you!
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup hot cocoa mix your choice
- 2/3 cup instant coffee
- 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, combine ingredients with a whisk.
- Transfer to a sealed container to keep it fresh.
- When ready to serve, add 3-4 heaping teaspoons of mix to a 6oz mug filled with boiling water.