Fall is about to fall on RVA, and the word “excited” does not even begin to describe it! Fall is my favorite season, so of course I’ve created a mega bucket list that I’m planning to belly flop into the moment the temperature drops below 70° – keep reading to see what’s on it! One of the things I’m most looking forward to is pulling out all my sweaters and cozy-warm pieces to curl up in. Last autumn, ponchos were a mega trend, and I’m happy to announce that the trend isn’t going anywhere! These were clothing items I wore as a little girl, and I loved them! It’s fun to see fashions from my childhood becoming popular again. I found this particular poncho on the clearance rack at H&M for only $15, so of course I couldn’t pass it up! It’s not available online, but I’ve linked an almost identical one for you to shop below!
I chose the warmest-colored accessories to style with my poncho. As much as I loved wearing my cool-toned blues this summer, once autumn hits and the sweaters come out to play, I’m happy to add rich browns, deep maroons, and cozy creams to my wardrobe. I chose gold and brown accessories, from my Chloé-dupe sunnies to my Kendra Scott necklace, down to my fun western-inspired booties! These pieces pulled the outfit together without taking away from the gorgeous poncho (which is the coziest thing ever, beeteedubs)!
I took to Pinterest recently to get inspiration for my autumn bucket list. I’m allergic to apples, so if you see an excess of pumpkin-related things, don’t assume it’s because I’m basic, I just have no other option (although, I honestly do love pumpkin as well)!
Stephanie’s Autumn Bucket List
- Go to a pumpkin patch
- Have a pumpkin-carving contest with a couple of friends
- Watch my nephew’s Trunk-or-Treat
- Make popcorn balls
- Get someone to take a picture of me throwing leaves into the air
- Eat candy corn
- Bake a pecan pie
- Find a corn maze
- Dress up in couple’s Halloween costumes
- Burn the Bath & Body Works “Leaves” candle an excessive amount
- Watch the Halloweentown movies
- Go to the state fair
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Enjoy a bonfire
- Roast marshmallows at said bonfire
- Find a gingerbread stout I actually enjoy
- Go on a hayride
- Make chili and watch football + wear team colors
- Discover my favorite fall cocktail
- Cozy up in a blanket scarf and go on a late-night drive to see the stars
What’s on your fall bucket list? Are there any new things you’re dying to try that you’ve never done before? Any foods you want to eat or places you want to go? Tell me all your plans!
Shop My Style