Ever since I was a little girl, my mom has been making her spiced mocha.
She brings it out in the early fall and it lasts us through the holiday season and beyond.
This spiced mocha has been by my side through pumpkin-carvings, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade-watchings, snowy days, Christmas mornings, and more. As an adult, I’ve learned that spiking it with a bit of Irish cream adds some extra warmth (if ya know what I mean 😉), and it’s become a staple in our household. This is one of those recipes that will be passed on through the generations. My sister makes it for her family, and come November – when I get married – I’ll be making it for mine!
Once you’ve poured yourself a mug, you won’t be able to resist enjoying this mocha recipe for years to come. Thanks to my mom – fondly known as “Mama Donna” – I’m able to share this delicious beverage with you!
- 1 cup of dry, non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup of hot cocoa mix
- 2/3 cup of instant coffee powder
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together and store in a jar to re-use all fall and winter long.
- Scoop out 3-4 heaping teaspoons per 6oz mug of boiling water.
- Top with whipped cream and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
Happy spiced mocha-drinking! ❤️
↓ Pin for Later ↓